There is no need of introducing to a human brain. The brain is one of the largest and most complex in our body. Everything we feel is processed by our brain. There is a number of things to learn about our brain. Here in this post, you will get 20 fast facts about the human brain.
20 Mindblowing Facts About The Human Brain
These facts are highly recommended for those who want to know details and functions of the human brain at a glance.
1. There are no pain receptors in the brain, so the brain can feel no pain.
2. The human brain is. the fattest organ in the body and also it consists of at least 60% fat.
3. Neurons develop at the rate of 250,000 neurons per minute during early pregnancy.
4. Humans continue to make new neurons throughout life in ‘response to mental activity.
5. Alcohol interferes with brain processes by weakening connections between neurons.
6. The average number of thoughts that humans are believed to experience each day is 70,000.
7. Reading aloud and talking often to a young child promotes brain development.
8. Information travels at different speeds within different types of neurons in the human brain. Not all neurons are the same.
9. The capacity for such emotions as joy, happiness, fear, and shyness are already developed at birth. The specific type of nurturing a child can shapes how these emotions are developed within the children brain.
10. The left side of your brain (left hemisphere) controls the right side of your body; and, the right side of your brain (right hemisphere) controls the left side of your body.
11. Children who learn two languages before the age of five alter the brain structure and adults have a much denser gray matter.
12. Information can be processed as slowly as 0.5 meters/sec or as fast as 120 meters/sec (about 268 miles/hr).
13. While awake, your brain generates between 10 and 23 watts of power-or enough energy to power a light bulb.
14. The old adage of humans only using 10% of their brains is not true. Every part of the brain has different known functions.
15. A study of one million students in New York showed that students who ate lunches that did not include artificial flavors, preservatives, and dyes did 14% better on IQ tests than those students who ate lunches with these additives.
16. For years, scientists believed that tinnitus was due to a function within the mechanics of the ear, but newer evidence shows that it is actually a function of the brain.
17. Every time you recall a memory or have a new thought, you are creating a new connection in your brain.
18. Memories triggered by scent have a stronger emotional connection; therefore appear more intense than other memory triggers.
19. Each time we blink, our brain kicks in and keeps things illuminated so the whole world doesn’t go dark each time we blink (about 20,000 times a day).
20. Laughing at a joke is no simple task as it requires activity in five different areas of the brain.